Forum User Guide & Rules
The Aim of the Forum
The forum aims to increase the number of Preston Park patients that can participate in the work of the Preston Park PPG. We recognise that many patients would like to be involved in discussions but are unable to attend meetings.
Please note: This forum is not for seeking advice on medical conditions; please contact the Surgery directly about any personal medical issues.
Our Forum section is divided into a number of different forums (areas for discussion) each of which contains a number of Topics (specific proposals, ideas, etc)
You can participate in a Forum by viewing existing Topics that other members have posted and then commenting by posting 'Replies' to any Topic.
You can also start new Topics.
A Topic could, for example, be about any of the following:
- A proposal for a change in the way the surgery operates (e.g. different opening times)
- A proposal for an activity that the PPG could organise (e.g. meeting of patients to share experiences of a specific diagnosis)
- A specific problem you have encountered in the way the surgery functions
- Please respect other users. Any users who post inflammatory or abusive comments will be de-registered from this website immediately
- No spam. All automated messages and advertisements will be deleted
- No illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
How to View or Participate in a Forum
To view an existing Forum (discussion) click on 'Participate in a forum'. A Forum is a grouped number of posts - called Topics - about a specific subject/issue.
To view the Topics in a Forum, click a Forum title. A list of Topic titles will be displayed. A Topic is a question, problem, proposal, etc. that has been posted by a member.
N.B. If you wish to be notified in future by email about any new Topics posted to this Forum, click Subscribe to this Forum.
To view the content of a Topic click on its title. You will also be shown any replies that have been posted.
If you wish to be notified about any future Replies to this Topic, click Subscribe.
To post a Reply to this Topic, complete the 'Reply To:.. ' section at the bottom of the page and click Submit.
To create a new Topic, return to the list of Topics in the Forum and click Create NEW Topic. Give the Topic a title and content then click Submit.
Note: New Forums can only be created by website administrators. To propose a new Forum, please add a new Topic in the special forum titled "Suggestions for this website".