Preston Park Surgery is a member of the Preston Park Community Primary Care Network with Beaconsfield Medical Practice, Stanford Medical Centre, Warmdene Surgery, The Haven Practice and Matlock Road Surgery.
What is a Patient Participation Group (PPG)
A Patient Participation Group (PPG) comprises patients, doctors and practice staff who communicate at regular intervals to consider ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to patients.
The Preston Park Surgery PPG has a Committee of about 15 people including doctors, staff and patients who meet quarterly and a Virtual Patient Group (VPG) that communicates online.
The overall aims of the Committee and VPG are to:
- Improve communication between the practice and its patients
- Provide practical support for the practice and help to implement change
- Help patients take more responsibility for their health
A summary of how PPGs make a difference has been produced by the National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP) and is available here HERE
Join our PPG Committee
If would like to join our PPG Committee, which meets at the Surgery quarterly, please complete the Patient Reference Group Registration form on Preston Park Surgery's main website. You can find the form HERE.
Please also join our Virtual Patient Group to receive agendas and minutes of meetings and participate in discussions online.
Our Virtual Patient Group
Our Virtual Patient Group (VPG) enables patients to engage with the work of the PPG by participating in on-line discussions, responding to on-line questionnaires, viewing minutes of PPG meetings, etc., from the comfort of their home or mobile!
As a member of the VPG you will receive a username and password which will enable you to:
- Express your views on current proposals for change via on-line questionnaires/polls
- Participate in current on-line discussion forums and start new discussions
- View minutes of previous PPG committee meetings and view other documents relevant to the work of the PPG
- Receive information on health matters and other items of news including the results of earlier questionnaires